Overcoming Spiritual Warfare in the Marketplace
Are you equipped for the daily spiritual battle you are facing? Are you winning or losing? Do you have the tools to overcome spiritual warfare?
Let's explore this topic together in today's devotional:
“Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” – Ephesians 6:11 (KJV)
We are at war against an unseen enemy that is ever-present in our lives and who is determined to destroy us and hinder God’s plan for our lives. This war is not against a person, but against a spirit, though it manifests through people and systems. You did not start this war. It is not about you, though, you are a victim of it. This war has been going on from the time Adam and Eve committed high treason in the garden. Their action enabled an enemy to invade the earth realm and control the hearts and minds of people so they do and say things to advance the enemy’s agenda. This war is being waged in the marketplace, in the halls of government, in religious circles and in families. Though the enemy is crafty and fully armed, we are able to overcome him. To overcome him, we must be prepared and equipped with the whole armour of God which will enable us to stand against any attack no matter how crafty or powerful. Here are seven steps to help you overcome:
- Claim your identity in Christ – Genesis 1:27 – It all starts with identity. If the enemy can cause you to forget who you are and define your identity based on what you do, what you’ve accomplished, what you earn, where you were born, where you live, how you feel and who others say you are, then you are defeated. You were created in the image and likeness of God and in spite of sin, God has chosen to save you and help you conform to His image and likeness. Your worth is solely based on your relationship with Him and nothing else.
- Be prepared for the trials and tests in the marketplace – John 16:33, Psalm 107:23-31 – Though you are royalty created in the image and likeness of the King, you will still face challenges. But do not let them define you nor discourage you. You are a target simply because you are a joint heir of a very prominent monarchy and your destruction is a major win for the enemy.
- Know the three tactics of the enemy: lust of the flesh, lust of the eye, and the pride of life – Genesis 3:1-6, Matthew 4:1-11, 1 John 2:16 – The enemy will use the same tactics each time. He does not have any new tricks in his bag. He will try to entice you through your five senses, or he will try to feed your ego. It works every time. He knows where you are weak and he will target those areas. Resist him and guess what, he will flee.
- Be committed to prayer since our fight is not against people but principalities, powers, rulers in the dark world, and spiritual wickedness in high places – Ephesians 6:12 – Prayer is your best offensive weapon. It puts you in direct communication with the King which gives you access to all the resources of the Kingdom. Use it continuously.
- Put on the whole armour of God – Ephesians 6:10-18 – There are other weapons at your disposal which are able to make you full proof against anything the enemy throws at you. Do not assume you can handle yourself with just prayer. Put on every offensive and defensive weapon at your disposal. It is the only way to truly overcome. These weapons include the breastplate of righteousness, the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, the sword of the spirit, and the word of God.
- Be wise as serpents and gentle as doves – Matthew 10:16 – Even with these weapons, your adversary is very crafty, and he will try to find other ways to get to you. So be as wise as a serpent and as gentle as a dove.
- Be committed to unity and oneness with other believers – John 17:21 – Know that no matter how armed you are, you cannot win this battle alone. You need to lock arms with others who share your convictions and values. Lock arms with them to overcome this enemy, leaving no prisoner.
These are simple steps but not easy steps. Victory will require you to have the faith to believe God even when you are not seeing results, the faith to believe you are winning even when you feel defeated and the faith to remain patient until change happens.
My prayer for you is that God will give you the grace to walk in these seven steps to enable you to overcome spiritual warfare in your life and business.
Reflection: How many of the 7 steps to overcome are you applying?
Share these devotionals with a friend or coworker by directing them to our email signup page, located here.
Like what you read? Support us as a Partner, visit www.kingdombusiness.network
Enroll in our entrepreneurship course and learn how to do business God’s way