Ambassadors for Christ
“Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.” – 2 Corinthians 5:20 (NKJV)
Ambassadors are appointed and accredited diplomats sent by a country as its official representative to a foreign country. They have a specific mission from their government that they must carry out while on assignment. They enjoy certain privileges that are unique to their position. Biblical Entrepreneurs are God’s ambassadors in the marketplace, specifically in their industries.
As ambassadors for Christ, we have the responsibility to be a witness for Jesus, reconciling others to Him. The way we run our businesses must exemplify God’s excellence and must be an example to others. We must always be mindful that others are watching us and based on how we conduct ourselves, they may be brought closer to the Lord or further from Him.
As ambassadors for Christ, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Go the extra mile with your customers, serving them as though you are serving Christ.
- Serve your employees, washing their feet as Jesus washed that of His disciples.
- Think of yourself as a steward and not an owner, recognizing that God has made you a temporary caretaker of the business.
- Pay your vendors on time and, when it is not possible, communicate with them accordingly. Recognizing that this will speak the loudest about who you are in Christ.
- Go out of your way and interact with non-believers. How will you reconcile others to him if you are not interacting with them?
- Contribute at least 10% of your net profit to kingdom work. Business giving demonstrates the Lordship of Christ over your business.
- In all things give God thanks. Whether business is good or bad, always thank God for who He is and for entrusting you with the assignment. This will keep you focused on Him versus your problems and will give you a grateful spirit.
As you seek to carry out your responsibilities as an ambassador, walk-in complete confidence in Christ and assurance knowing that ambassadors enjoy certain privileges. As an ambassador for Christ, your privileges are:
- Diplomatic immunity – you operate based on heavenly laws and are not bound by earthly laws.
- Security – you are protected by the blood of Jesus Christ and angels.
- Direct secure communication to the government – you have direct access to your Commander in Chief, Jesus Christ, through prayer.
- Provision – as long as you remain kingdom-minded, everything you need is provided.
Mr. or Ms. Ambassador, his or her excellence, my prayer for you is that the Lord be with you this week as you seek to represent Him in your industry, reconciling others to Him.
Reflection: Where are as an Ambassador for Christ?
Share these devotionals with a friend or coworker by directing them to our email signup page, located here.
Like what you read? Support us as a Partner, visit www.kingdombusiness.network
Enrol in our entrepreneurship course and learn how to do business God’s way